The Melbourne community has done its bit, patiently sitting under house arrest for months on end watching and waiting for freedom. Everyone’s at breaking point but if you dare express the sentiment you had best be prepared for a bunch of dan stans to scald you online. Didn’t you know people had it worse during the London Blitz!?
Joining us for a Daniel Andrews performance review and to talk about the sentiment in Melbourne is wellbeing, freedom and democracy researcher Dr Jerry Brown.
Regional businesses are being instructed to treat their customers with suspicion, police are doing mounted patrols of our parks and surveilling us from helicopters, but that 14 day average just refuses to offer relief.
You just can’t police people out of systemic failures.
Check it out:
- Imo’s thread last weekend about the sentiment in Melbourne (RIP her menchies)
- Oz Faruqi continues to do some of the best reporting on the systemic failures prolonging the outbreaks in Victoria
- Victoria Police have issued over 23,000 fines since March
- Regional businesses are being told to take ‘reasonable steps’ to ensure they aren’t serving Melbournians
- The cops casually dropped the address of left wing community radio station 3CR while announcing their new surveillance-copters, totally not a threat
- NSW cops were violently shoving people to the ground at a protest against funding cuts at University of Sydney this week
- Take a moment to pause the pod and check out this utterly deranged vid from a Woodside Energy corporate retreat. You can read their ‘compass’ for yourselves here
We’ll be on a new recording schedule as we deal with our fun new East/West coast 3 hour time delay. Thanks for sticking with us!