Dozens of little Bravehearts took to the streets of Melbourne to rail against Dictator Dan last weekend. What’s the connection to Qanon and is this actually something we should take seriously? Probably, yeah.
Friends, did you know landlords aren’t evil, unyielding monsters? I know right!? They’re being left behind during this pandemic somehow while they manage to get their grubby hands on all our money and enjoy billions of dollars in tax breaks. Don’t you just feel so sorry for them? We also have a chat about public housing and how it could be a truly wonderful way to take back our cities from property developers.
Check it out:
- ~dozens~ of anti-lockdown protesters gather in Melbourne and wander around being mad
- Watch one of the protesters swim for freedom into, uh, the middle of Albert Park Lake
- Check out Tom Tanuki’s (@tom_tanuki) great video on Qanon in Australia
- There’s gonna be less pen and paper involved in Victorian contact tracing (!!??) now that they’re using the Salesforce Customer Relationship Manager
- Greens candidate for Lord Mayor of Melbourne Aspara Sabaratnam is running with a policy of halving rates for arts & hospitality venues while doubling them for gambling venues, No Turning Back strongly endorses this policy
- Landlords, the ‘forgotten people’ of the pandemic :'(
- The Real Estate Institute of Victoria are instructing their members to refuse rent reductions in order to force every request into the dispute system. Totally not evil unyielding monsters btw
- You can read more here about the crappy behaviour of landlords and the REIV during the pandemic
- Chris Kenny does not fuck dogs it was proven in court. For no reason whatsoever, here is his son, Liam Kenny, defending The Chaser’s sketch
- Landlords receive $14.5bn in tax breaks every year, keeping the rate of income support payments where they are would cost $8bn
- Property journalist and great guy Jim Malo (@thejimmalo) dug up some great commentary from a landlord convinced the Victorian Government & Morrison are being racist against landlords
- Hear James tell his nightmare landlord story on his old pod Generation Anxiety
- House prices are outperforming wages in Australia. That’s not great
- We can have beautiful public housing!