Daniel Andrews wants to change the Public Health and Wellbeing Act to give it the power to extend Victoria’s state of emergency for up to another 12 months. If you try to criticise that decision, oohhhh you’re gonna get scalding from the DanStans. We love to think of ourselves as rule breaking larrikins but boy are we a nation of boot licking cop lovers and narcs.
Last week we started talking about a Climate Jobs Guarantee and why it would be so transformative, so how do we win? It’s gonna take a huge coalition of diverse people putting aside their differences to unite in the class struggle. If the right can have a successful coalition of contradictions, we can too.
Check it out:
- Andrews wants to extend the State of Emergency
- Michael O’Brien talks sense?
- VicPol have lost the plot, issuing almost 20,000 fines since Victorian restrictions first started
- Are we a nation of cops? An Essential Poll shows we’re totally fine with a surveillance state that throws ankle tracking bracelets on sick people
- Healthcare workers are picking up COIVD at work, is that at all surprising?
- Twitter user Grug Stan has some great insight into the media’s pandemic tunnel vision
- The Guardian releases analysis further proving that Melbourne’s more disadvantaged areas are being hardest hit by COVID
- Let’s all just chill out about farmers markets, yeah?
- Unions are great for overcoming racism, solidarity forever!
Tomorrow Movement just released it’s criteria for a Climate Jobs Guarantee – check it out!