I don’t know about you but we’ve all got the lockdown blues. Feel like you’re also starting to lose your mind? You’ve come to the right place.
Morrison’s government has used this week in Parliament to push through a heap of really awful motions with little to no opposition from Labor. Things are gonna get pretty bad unless the ALP gets their shit together and start advocating for their constituents.
Check it out:
- Victorian lockdown rumours are messing with our heads. How long are we gonna be living like this?
- 2.2 million people were lifted out of poverty with the increases to income support payments. Turns out you can end poverty by giving people more money!
- U.S. senator Ed Markey won his re-election campaign by leaning in to the momentum of Sunrise Movement and accepting the power of the youth vote
- The Herald Sun is baffled by an ‘oversupply of women in Northcote’ 😏 the replies to one tweet about it slightly break Cass
- Morrison is trying to palm off responsibility for environmental laws to state governments, it’s also an attempt to get faster approvals for offshore gas exploration. Cool.
- Oh yeah they’re also trying to raise HECS fees. This is exhausting.
You can help fight for a recovery that works for everyone by joining the No Turning Back day of action on September 18. There are actions happening in Melbourne, Sydney, Wollongong and Adelaide, and a Virtual March for Good Jobs and a Safe Climate is happening online.
Join your union and make them do better! Now is the time to put pressure on union leaders. And if you’re in the SDA leave it and join RAFFWU – they just won water and toilet breaks for McDonalds workers (yep, now in 2020).